The HVAC Courses You Need to Complete HVAC Training
HVAC systems are present in every building, be it private homes or industrial complexes. These systems require ongoing maintenance, upgrades, installs and repairs in order to continue proper functioning. Becoming an HVAC technician prepares you for a successful and fulfilling career.
HVAC Courses & Requirements
HVAC training focuses on teaching you about the different types of equipment you will encounter on the job. To become an HVAC technician, you need to complete a number of different courses designed to provide you with the specific skills and experience you need. At Spartan, we offer courses covering a range of topics, including:
- Refrigeration and air conditioning fundamentals
- Advanced refrigeration
- Forced air gas heating and air conditioning systems
- Electricity and HVAC control systems
- Building mechanical codes
- Air duct calculation and fabrication
- Chilled water systems
- Hot water and solar heat systems
- Advanced building automation systems
- Supermarket refrigeration and ice machines
- HVAC system design and heat load circulation
About HVAC Training at Spartan College
Spartan College has been helping students achieve their professional goals for 90 years. More than 100,000 students have successfully graduated from Spartan College’s five campuses. Spartan College offers several different career-focused programs in the fields of aeronautics and technology.
Spartan College’s HVAC training program is available at the Denver, Colorado, campus and can be completed in as little as 10 months, providing you with an HVAC diploma you can use to obtain an entry-level job. If you want an associate’s degree in HVAC, you can complete the required courses in as little as 17 months. When you choose to complete your HVAC training at Spartan College, you will be working under the supervision of working professionals who understand exactly what it takes to build a successful career in HVAC.
Some of the most popular HVAC companies allow students to receive their hands-on training at Spartan College, including Goodman, Tempstar, Trane and Carrier. Students at Spartan College will spend time in the lab working on:
- A commercial walk-in cooler and freezer
- A supermarket refrigeration system
- Two chillers
- A cooling tower
- Commercial and industrial boilers
- Light commercial/residential hydronic heating and hot water solar systems
- More than 20 residential forced-air gas furnaces and split systems
To learn more about the HVAC program at Spartan College in Denver, please contact us today.