Military man studying on laptop
29 Oct 2013

Military Students

Spartan College – Proud Military Past, Present, and Future

We would like to thank you for your service and for choosing Spartan College to fulfill your educational and career goals.

line of soldiers with flagAt Spartan, we are most proud of our military heritage. Since 1928, we have been providing quality training for members of the armed services- active duty, reserves, veterans, and their dependents.

We recognize that the transition to student life can be challenging. Our staff is dedicated to providing the services you need to successfully navigate from military to civilian life. Whether you are interested in pursuing a career as a professional pilot, or prefer to keep your boots on the ground, all of our programs are hands-on industry-driven, and programs designed to prepare you for a successful career in a variety of industries. We offer programs in:

  • Aviation Maintenance Technology (AMT)
  • Hybrid Aviation Maintenance Technology (offered partially online, and partially on-campus, in Tulsa, Oklahoma)
  • Airframe and Powerplant (A&P)
  • Quality Control
  • Aviation Electronics Technology (AET)
  • HVAC
  • Nondestructive Testing or
  • HVAC Aviation Flight

We will waive the $100 Application Fee – for those campuses that have one – for all active duty, reserve, and veterans. In addition, the fee, if applicable, for military personnel dependents is reduced to $25.

Click here to learn more about the variety of Military Benefits that Spartan College is authorized to accept, as well as information about transferability of credits for military experience.

Military FAQs

Q: How much will I receive from the V.A.?

The amount of benefits from the GI Bill®G.I. Bill will vary depending on any “kickers”, college funds, D.O.D. benefits, etc. Your best source is to call the Veterans Administration at 1-888-GIBILL-1 and give them your service number (which is your social security number) to determine the amount. Also, you need to check your enlistment papers to determine if you have the college funds.

Q: How do I apply for these benefits?

Veterans or current active military should contact their transition officer to review which program(s) they may or may not qualify for assistance and/or visit to create account as a new user.

Q: How do I find a unit (Reservists) in the Spartan area?

Your present unit should be able to assist in transferring you to a unit in the Tulsa, OK or Denver, CO areas. If you are close to your home unit, you may elect to serve there. Our Veterans Certifying Official can also assist with this.

Q: Am I eligible for V.A. Rehab?

If you have a service related injury or disability, you may apply for V.A. Rehab. The process can sometimes be lengthy; however, the best way to start is to contact the V.A. at 1-800-827-1000 and our Veterans Certifying Official for assistance.

Q: Can I receive any credit at Spartan for my military experience/training?

Students with military experience may be able to receive advance standing credit for their experience. Students requesting to be awarded advanced standing credit for school, military training, or work experience should submit the appropriate documentation verifying experience or training to the Registrar for evaluation. Students will then be referred to the appropriate academic department head(s) for final evaluation and scheduling of bypass exam(s).