Why Choose Spartan College?
Since 1928, Our Tulsa aviation school has trained over 90,000 pilots and technicians including military, customized and traditional training programs.
Spartan College continues to be a leader among aeronautical colleges in training professionals for aviation and related industries, and has been for more than 85 years. Listed below are several reasons why Spartan College can be a great aircraft school for you to train for your career in aviation.
YOU HAVE OPTIONS WHEN IT COMES TO CHOOSING AN AVIATON COLLEGE, HERE'S A FEW REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD PICK SPARTAN:
- Aviation training since 1928
- Nationally Accredited by Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges
- Programs approved for Title IV financial aid for those who qualify
- Smaller student body
- Small class sizes – 24 to 1
- 50% hands-on training
- Ongoing graduate career services
- 5000 companies in active career services database
- Student employment assistance while attending
- Three campuses with more than 247,000 square feet of training facilities
- Diploma, AAS and Bachelor's degree options
- Trained more than 90,000 pilots and technicians worldwide
- Aviation school programs approved for VA benefits for those who qualify
- Student housing and housing assistance
- Industry experienced faculty
- Free tutoring available for academic and technical courses
- Accelerated aviation training program for associate and bachelor's degrees
- Four-week and six-week terms with one class at a time
- Crawl, walk, run training environment
- Complimentary Part 61 private pilot ground school for technical students
- Campus activity center
WHY SPARTAN'S AVIATION FLIGHT (PILOT) PROGRAM?
Spartan offers one of the most comprehensive and unique Professional Pilot Programs in the United States. You can start with 0 flight time and earn a Private Pilot Certification, Instrument Rating, Multi-Engine Rating, Commercial Pilot Certificate and a Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) in only 12 months. You have the potential to be employed as a flight instructor while continuing on with your associates and bachelor’s degrees, all the while earning valuable flight hours. A flight education at Spartan has been the first step in many long and rewarding careers. Some of the other features of our program are:
- Integrated Training Concept that allows you to start flying in your first week of class.
- Fewer Books! Much of our course material is on an iPad mini which each student leases for their time at Spartan.
- FAA approved part 61 and 141 flight training facility.
- Spartan degree graduates are authorized to test for their Restricted Airline Transport Pilot Certificate at 1000 hours of flight time with a Bachelor’s Degree and 1250 hours with an Associate’s Degree provided you are at least 21 years old (the standard is 1500 hours and 23 years old). That puts you in the industry faster starts the clock ticking for seniority in the industry.
- Envoy Pilot Pipeline Program. Click here for details.
WHY SPARTAN'S AVIATION MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN PROGRAM?
You can become an aviation maintenance technician in as little as 15 months. Spartan's aviation maintenance program will prepare you for certification with the Federal Aviation Administration and ready to work as an aircraft mechanic to maintain, inspect and repair aircraft.
- 23 aircraft for aviation maintenance training including a complete Boeing 727
- FAA approved 147 training
- Various types of aircraft for aviation maintenance training
- More than 250 hands-on projects
- FAA priority level 2 and 3 courses, no level 1 courses
- 1620 contact hours vs. 1400 FAA minimum
- Spartan developed training aids not available everywhere
- 727 cockpit for large transport familiarization
- Numerous engines for rebuild and troubleshooting
- Earn an AAS degree in as little as 18 months
WHY SPARTAN'S AVIation electronics technology PROGRAM?
Our Aviation Electronics Training program can help you hone your technical skills to pursue a career as an avionics technician or UAV Technician among other things. You can develop a versatile skill-set at our aircraft school by focusing on basic mechanics and aviation electronics technologies through this program.
- First program of its kind to take an electronics focus on Unmanned Aerial Systems or Drones.
- Includes requirements for FAA aviation maintenance general core requirement
- Certified by the National Center for Aerospace and Transportation Technologies
- Program includes building, programming and flying a UAV in autonomous flight.
- NIDA trainers for troubleshooting and repair
- Component level troubleshooting vs. only board level R&R
- Prepared for FCC general radio-telephone with radar endorsement licensing
- Prepared for Certified Electronics Technician testing
- G1000 trainer
- Line maintenance and bench training
- 727 cockpit for large transport, avionics bay familiarization, component removal, and replacement and troubleshooting
- Could lead to an AAS degree in as little as three additional months
WHY SPARTAN NDT/QC PROGRAM?
Learn how to perform specialized testing techniques that are used in several aviation-related industries. Students can become desirable candidates for several career paths by becoming competent in quality control measures that are critical to organizations.
- More hands-on training than many other NDT/QC programs
- Complete NDT in only 11 months
- Tested to ASNT Level II knowledge standards
- Various testing methods – Ultrasound, Eddy Current, Liquid Penetrate, Magnetic Particle, and Radiography
- Radiation safety course
- Can lead to AAS degree in as little as six additional months
If you’re considering aeronautical colleges, contact Spartan College today to learn more about how we can help you complete your education!