If you're looking to study aviation in a city that exudes energy and growth, consider beautiful Tulsa, Oklahoma. Along with Midwestern hospitality, Tulsa offers residents the perfect combination of small town charm and big city culture. There are dozens of reasons to choose Spartan, but below are just a few things our students love about living in Tulsa.
- Cost of Living - Tulsa residents enjoy a cost of living at 10.1% below the national average.
- Diversified Economy - It has been said that Tulsa is recession-proof. Tulsa businesses account for 60% of Oklahoma's exports, and the city enjoys a diverse economy that includes aerospace, telecommunications, oil and more.
- Dining & Entertainment - Tulsa offers a variety of entertainment and a huge selection of dining options, from the Blue Dome District, where music seeps out of every crevice, to Brookside, Utica Square and Riverside Parks offering many options for entertainment activities.
- Museums - In addition to being the art deco mecca of the Midwest, Tulsa has two first-rate art museums: the Gilcrease and the Philbrook.
- Oklahoma Aquarium - Whether you're catching a concert or experiencing what it's like to walk among sharks, the Oklahoma Aquarium is filled with fun things to do.
- Parks & Recreation - Tulsa residents enjoy 144 parks and river trails in which to bike, jog or just take in the beautiful scenery. The city also has more than 20 swimming pools and almost 200 sports fields.
- Shopping & Spas - Residents throughout the Midwest flock to Tulsa to shop its upscale Utica Square and Woodland Hills Mall. Tulsa also offers visitors many spas, antique shops and consignment stores.
- Sports & Theater - Catch a concert or sporting event at the award-winning BOK Center, or enjoy a more intimate show at the historic Brady Theater. Tulsa attracts the biggest names in music, and it is home to five professional sports teams.
- Weather - In addition to loads of things to do and see, Tulsa offers optimal weather to enjoy it all. On average, December and January temps don't fall below 46 degrees.
- Zoo & Planetarium - Of course, your tour of Tulsa must include the nationally treasured Tulsa Air and Space Museum & Planetarium. The Tulsa Zoo, and its inhabitants, is also a must-see for the young and old alike.
For more information on what it's like to attend Spartan College in Tulsa, contact us today.