What are the best ways to prepare for a Career Fair?
Our career fairs offer students and alumni the opportunity to meet many employers and company representatives in one place! Here are some quick tips to maximize your experience.
- Define your goal. Are you looking to find out what HR professionals are looking for? Want some feedback on your resume? Or are you looking for your next job?
- Research, research, research. Find out on our event pages who will be in attendance and research your top companies in advance. This can help you stand out and gives you the opportunity to figure out if you would be interested in what they may have to offer. If a company has an open opportunity, bring an application and your resume.
- Bring questions. You are bound to have questions about the companies. Asking questions about things like the culture, opportunities for advancement, and even about how your skills could fit in at their company.
- Practice your pitch. Practice talking about your skills, abilities, accomplishments, and knowledge. Think about what your strengths are and expand on that. Having a quick pitch ready can make sure you don’t forget anything important and you will seem confident and prepared.
- Dress to impress. You don’t need a formal suit for a career fair – but wearing a business casual outfit can go a long way to making a good first impression. Not sure what to wear? Your spartan uniform will also do well!
Wondering what more you can do to give a great first impression? Visit our career center for assistance with interview practice, resume building and more. Don’t have time to stop in? Visit our Career Search Tools page for more tips and templates.
Spartan partners – are you looking for your next hire? You are in luck! If you are interested in joining our next local Career Fair, please fill out the form below.