We are excited that you are considering Spartan College for flight training! The information below might help you understand the admissions process for our flight programs offered at our Tulsa Flight Campus located on the R.L. Jones Riverside Airport (RVS) in south Tulsa. We encourage you to reach out to us and we can answer any of your questions, schedule a tour or walk you through the process.
PAYING FOR FLIGHT SCHOOL
Understanding your options and the process when determining how you will pay for school is a very important part of your admissions decision. Click here for more information about paying for school on Spartan’s main website. We also will encourage you to speak with one of our Financial Aid Representatives to talk through your various option.
FLIGHT PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
There are several requirements that must be met to be admitted to Spartan’s flight programs.
- Academic Performance: Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Basic Skills Requirement: Must demonstrate proficiency in college level skills, which can be demonstrated through a variety of methods outlined in the catalog
- Age Requirement: Flight program applicants must be at least 17 years of age before being issued the Private Pilot Certificate and 18 years of age before being issued the Commercial Pilot Certificate.
- Medical Requirement: The minimum requirement for flight students pursuing an Aviation Flight program is the Class II Medical Certificate. All flight students must possess their FAA Class II medical certificate before starting class. Flight students may contact the nearest FAA Office or the Spartan Admissions Department for a list of approved aviation medical examiners.
- TSA Requirements: All U.S. Citizens and Nationals are required to show proof of U.S. Citizenship or National prior to the beginning of flight training. All those who are not U.S. Citizens or Nationals will be required to complete the registration process with the Transportation Security Administration for initial flight training, instrument and multi-engine training and should be accomplished prior to orientation. Registration is completed online at http://www.flightschoolcandidates.gov International students may have additional requirements which can be outlined in the catalog.
- English Language Requirement
*$100 Application Fee is waived for all Active Duty and Veteran applicants. Spouses and Dependents of Active Duty Military are reduced to $25.
The minimum requirement for flight students pursuing an Aviation Flight program is the Class II Medical Certificate. All flight students must possess their FAA Class II medical certificate before starting class. Flight students may contact the nearest FAA Office or the Spartan Admissions Department for a list of approved aviation medical examiners.