Applying for financial aid is easy!
Money me be available for your education, and we are here to help you. It is important you begin your financial aid steps as soon as possible upon your enrollment to make sure you meet any deadlines to receive any eligible funding by your start date.
Follow these 5 steps:
- Create an FSA user ID and password. Before you complete the FAFSA for the 1st time:
- You need to create an FSA user ID and password. Your FSA ID is used to confirm your identity when accessing your financial aid information and electronically signing your federal student aid documents.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- You will need your 2017 income tax information if filed, to complete your 2019-20 FAFSA, If you filed 2017 taxes, you can select IRS data retrieval and income will automatically populate the application, this is the preferred method. You will electronically sign the application with your FSA ID.
- Spartan College has different school codes depending on which campus you are applying for.
- Tulsa, OK Campus school code: 007678
- Broomfield, CO (Denver) Campus school code: 007297
- Inglewood, CA (LA) Campus school code: 025964
- Riverside, CA (IE) Campus* school code: 025964
- Complete Entrance Counseling. Go to: https://studentloans.gov and complete the Entrance Counseling for Undergraduate Students.
- Complete your MPN / Parent Plus Promissory Note
- Complete your MPN (Master Promissory Note) for the Subsidized/Unsubsidized Direct Loan. School is listed under the Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology. Print out the confirmation page for your records.
- Your parent can complete their application & MPN for the Parent Plus Loan (dependent students) and print their confirmation page.
- Complete Financial Aid Paperwork. Complete and return the forms below.
These forms need to be returned to the Financial Aid Representative as soon as possible.
- All the above steps should be completed within 3 days of your financial aid overview
- Confirm that you have a scheduled meeting with a Financial Aid Representative to review your financial options, by day 7, following your overview
- If additional information is needed your Financial Aid Representative will contact you.
- Please respond immediately to any requests to avoid any delays in starting school
- Call your Financial Aid Representative at your campus to schedule a meeting for additional financing needed to cover any remaining balance, or, if you have any questions or concerns.
REMEMBER, to receive Federal Financial Aid, you must be enrolled at Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology.