For nearly a century, Spartan College has been training professionals for aviation and related industries. We provide a supportive educational environment that encourages active participation in learning while providing quality career-oriented education programs.
At Spartan, we can help you get where you want to go. Here are 10 reasons why Spartan might be the right choice for you:
- Successfully trained more than 100,000 technicians and pilots over the past 90 years
- Nationally accredited
- FAA approved programs (varies by location)
- Diploma, Associate and Bachelor’s degree options (varies by location)
- Small class sizes – typically less than 24 to 1
- Industry experienced instructors
- Financial aid available for those who qualify
- Tutoring available for academic and technical courses
- Student employment assistance while attending
- Ongoing graduate career services
Why choose Spartan’s Aviation Flight (commercial pilot) Program in Tulsa?
Spartan College offers a comprehensive and unique Commercial Pilot program. You can start with 0 flight time and earn a Private Pilot Certification, Instrument Rating, Multi-Engine Rating, Commercial Pilot Certificate and a Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) in only 12 months. You have the potential to be employed as a flight instructor while continuing on with your associate and bachelor’s degree, all the while earning valuable flight hours.
- Integrated Training Concept that allows you to start flying in your first week of class
- Much of our course material is computer-based
- FAA approved part 61 and 141 flight training facility
- Spartan graduates may test for their Restricted Airline Transport Pilot Certificate at 1000 hours of flight time with a bachelor’s degree and 1250 hours with an associate degree provided you are at least 21 years of age (the industry standard is 1500 hours and 23 years of age).
- Pilot Pipeline partnerships with Envoy, Republic Airways, SkyWest and others
Why choose Spartan’s Aviation Maintenance Technology or Airframe and Powerplant program?
Spartan’s aviation maintenance programs are designed to prepare you for A&P certification testing with the Federal Aviation Administration and ready to work in aviation and related industries.
- FAA approved part 147 training
- FAA priority level 2 and 3 courses
- Various types of on-campus aircraft training
- One class per term; 50% hands-on, 50% classroom
- Earn an associate degree in as few as 18 months (varies by location)
Why choose Spartan’s Aviation Electronics Technology program?
Our Aviation Electronics Technology program offered in Denver and Tulsa can help you hone your technical skills, and prepare you for potential opportunities as an avionics technician, UAV Technician, and more.
- Component level troubleshooting vs. only board level R&R
- Line maintenance and bench training
- Build, program and fly a UAV in autonomous flight
- Prepare students for FCC general radio-telephone with radar endorsement licensing
- Prepare students for Certified Electronics Technician testing
Why choose Spartan’s Nondestructive Testing or Quality Control program?
In our NDT and QC programs, you’ll learn how to perform five specialized testing techniques that are used in aviation-related industries, as well as oil and gas, manufacturing, and infrastructure, to name but a few.
- Ultrasound, Eddy Current, Liquid Penetrate, Magnetic Particle, and Radiography testing methods
- Radiation safety course
- Tested to ASNT Level II knowledge standards
- Complete NDT diploma training in as few as 11 months
- Earn an associate degree in as few as six additional months
We know choosing an education can be a big decision, but we’re here to guide you along the way. Contact us today if you’re considering aeronautical or technical training colleges to learn more about how we can help you complete your education!