Why Choose Spartan College?
Since 1928, Our Tulsa aviation school has trained over 130,000 pilots and technicians including military, customized and traditional training programs.
Spartan College continues to be a leader among aeronautical colleges in training professionals for aviation and related industries, and has been for more than 85 years. Listed below are several reasons why Spartan College can be a great aviation or technical training school for you.
YOU HAVE OPTIONS WHEN IT COMES TO CHOOSING A COLLEGE. HERE'S A FEW REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD PICK SPARTAN:
- Aviation training since 1928
- Campuses conveniently located in Denver, Colorado, Los Angeles, California and Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Smaller student body
- Small class sizes - typically less than 24 to 1
- Financial aid for those who qualify
- 50% hands-on training
- Ongoing graduate career services
- Student employment assistance while attending
- Five campuses with more than 300,000 square feet of training facilities
- Diploma, AAS, AOS and Bachelor's degree options (offerings vary by location)
- Trained more than 130,000 pilots and technicians worldwide
- Most programs approved for Military Education Benefits for those who qualify
- Student housing in Tulsa, OK, and housing assistance offered in Denver and Tulsa.
- Industry experienced faculty
- Complimentary tutoring available for academic and technical courses
- Accelerated aviation training program for associate and bachelor's degrees
- Terms structured where you take one class at a time
- Crawl, walk, run training environment
- Complimentary Part 61 private pilot ground school for technical students in Tulsa, OK
- Campus activity center
WHY SPARTAN'S AVIATION FLIGHT (PILOT) PROGRAM in Tulsa?
Spartan offers one of the most comprehensive and unique Professional Pilot Programs in the United States. You can start with 0 flight time and earn a Private Pilot Certification, Instrument Rating, Multi-Engine Rating, Commercial Pilot Certificate and a Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) in only 12 months. You have the potential to be employed as a flight instructor while continuing on with your associates and bachelor’s degrees, all the while earning valuable flight hours. A flight education at Spartan has been the first step in many long and rewarding careers. Some of the other features of our program are:
- Integrated Training Concept that allows you to start flying in your first week of class.
- Fewer Books! Much of our course material is on an iPad mini which each student leases for their time at Spartan.
- FAA approved part 61 and 141 flight training facility.
- Spartan degree graduates are authorized to test for their Restricted Airline Transport Pilot Certificate at 1000 hours of flight time with a Bachelor’s Degree and 1250 hours with an Associate’s Degree provided you are at least 21 years old (the standard is 1500 hours and 23 years old). That puts you in the industry faster starts the clock ticking for seniority in the industry.
- Pilot Pipeline partnerships with Envoy, Republic Airways, Skywest and others. Click here for details.
WHY SPARTAN'S AVIATION MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN or Airframe and Powerplant PROGRAMs?
Spartan's aviation maintenance programs are designed to prepare you to obtain A&P certification with the Federal Aviation Administration and ready to work as an aircraft mechanic to maintain, inspect and repair aircraft.
- Over 30 aircraft for aviation maintenance training across the four campuses offering programs, including a complete Boeing 727 in Tulsa, OK
- FAA approved 147 training
- Various types of aircraft for aviation maintenance training
- More than 250 hands-on projects
- FAA priority level 2 and 3 courses, no level 1 courses
- Numerous engines for rebuild and troubleshooting
- Earn an AAS or AOS degree in as little as 18 months
WHY SPARTAN'S AVIation electronics technology PROGRAM?
Our Aviation Electronics Training programs offered in Denver and Tulsa can help you hone your technical skills to pursue a career as an avionics technician or UAV Technician among other things. You can develop a versatile skill-set at our aircraft school by focusing on basic mechanics and aviation electronics technologies through this program.
- First program of its kind to take an electronics focus on Unmanned Aerial Systems or Drones.
- Certified by the National Center for Aerospace and Transportation Technologies
- Program includes building, programming and flying a UAV in autonomous flight.
- NIDA trainers for troubleshooting and repair
- Component level troubleshooting vs. only board level R&R
- Prepared for FCC general radio-telephone with radar endorsement licensing
- Prepared for Certified Electronics Technician testing
- G1000 trainer
- Line maintenance and bench training
- 727 cockpit for large transport, avionics bay familiarization, component removal, and replacement and troubleshooting at the Tulsa, OK campus.
WHY SPARTAN's NDT/QC PROGRAM?
Learn how to perform specialized testing techniques that are used in several aviation-related industries. Students can become desirable candidates for several career paths by becoming competent in quality control measures that are critical to organizations.
- More hands-on training than many other NDT/QC programs
- Complete NDT in only 11 months
- Tested to ASNT Level II knowledge standards
- Various testing methods – Ultrasound, Eddy Current, Liquid Penetrate, Magnetic Particle, and Radiography
- Radiation safety course
- Can lead to AAS degree in as little as six additional months
WHY SPARTAN's HVAC PROGRAM?
HVAC mechanics and installers are needed wherever climate-control equipment is installed, repaired or maintained. HVAC expertise is in demand in three distinct sectors: residential, industrial and commercial.
- Offers training in residential, industrial and commercial types of installation, maintenance and repairs.
- Lab offers access to hands-on training in more than 20 forced-air gas furnaces and split-systems
- Lab also offers light commercial/residential hydronic heating and hot water solar systems, commercial and industrial boilers, supermarket refrigeration system, commercial walk-in cooler and freezer, cooling tower, and two chillers.
- Can complete diploma program in only 10 months.
- Can continue study to complete an Associate of Occupational Studies in just 17 months.
If you’re considering aeronautical or technical training colleges, contact Spartan College today to learn more about how we can help you complete your education!