Requirements for International Students
Spartan College employs an International Enrollment Manager Specialist to assist international students and their families through the application, VISA, admissions process and transition to Tulsa, Oklahoma. The enrollment process for international students is different than that of domestic students. Before becoming an aviation student at Spartan, the United States Government asks that international students meet certain requirements.
Additional aviation school admissions policies for international students are listed below. More detailed information may be obtained from the International Admissions Representative:
- Applicants must have the equivalent of a U.S. high school education. The applicant must send Spartan an official high school transcript or an equivalent document before the college can accept the student and issue a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20). All documents forwarded must be in English and list the date on which high school equivalency was attained.
- The applicant should have sufficient funds available to cover the cost of tuition and living expenses prior to and while attending Spartan. U.S. government regulations require that documents be submitted with the application to prove students have adequate financial support.
- Language Requirements-see Section D. in Admissions Policies.
- International applicants seeking to enter a technical program are required to submit proof of a physical exam. Contact Spartan’s International Admissions Representative for a copy of the approved physical form.
- All flight applicants who are not U.S. Citizens or Nationals will be required to complete the registration process with the Transportation Security Administration prior to beginning flight training.
D. Language Requirements for Admission
Foreign students applying for admission to Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology whose first language is not English must validate their English proficiency in one of the following manners:
- The qualifying minimum score for all programs of study is 500 (173 on the computerized test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or
- Demonstrate English proficiency by submission of examination scores deemed appropriate by Spartan for the chosen program of study, (see previous section, Acceptable Examinations and Scores) or
- The President or designee may admit a student who fails to meet the above requirements in extraordinary and deserving cases. In these situations, the applicant must have demonstrated his or her proficiency in the English language prior to admission. Such exceptions must be appropriately documented.
Contact Spartan College for more details.