Spartan's Los Angeles Campus
8911 Aviation Blvd
Inglewood, CA 90301
Welcome to Spartan's LA Campus! This campus, located in Inglewood, CA (Los Angeles area), recently joined the Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology family, yet it has a long and renowned history of its own dating all the way back to 1930. Scroll down to see the history of the Los Angeles Campus.
The LA Campus is conveniently located on Aviation Boulevard only about a mile from LAX airport which is also near a large number of aerospace focused companies that employ our graduates.
The training at this location is focused on Airframe and Powerplant and the program is designed to prepare our graduates to successfully obtain their A&P Certification.
Learn more about our 100,000 square feet of training facilities in the Los Angeles area.
The Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology LA Campus was called Crimson Technical College until just recently when it changed the school name to join the Spartan College family.
Crimson’s long and storied legacy dates back to the 1930s and is tied to some of aeronautics' most important pioneers. Today, Crimson sets its sights forward on evolving industry advancements while staying true to its deep historical roots and founding commitment to excellence in aviation education.
1930s – The California Flyers, Inc. School of Aeronautics was founded at Mines Field, which now stands as Los Angeles International Airport.
1942 – Northrop Aeronautical Institute was founded by John K. Northrop, founder of Northrop Aircraft Company, and James L. McKinley, aviation educator and author of several aeronautical textbooks. The institute trained allied military personnel in aircraft maintenance during WWII.
1947 – James L. McKinley and John K. Northrop reopened the institute and renamed it Northrop Aviation Aeronautical Institute. The campus was relocated to Inglewood, CA, and demand for highly skilled technicians to work on a growing number of commercial aircrafts was on the rise.
1959 – The name of the institute changed to Northrop Institute of Technology.
1975 – Northrop Institute of Technology became Northrop University. Mechanics and engineering graduates of the university were employed around the world, and the high standards of education at the school began receiving global recognition.
1991 – Dr. James W. Rice and Mrs. Mary Alice Rice, founders of national aviation school Rice Aviation in Houston, TX acquired Northrop Institute of Technology creating Northrop Rice Aviation Institute of Technology (NRAIT).
1991 – Northrop Rice Aviation Institute added an Inglewood campus to build what was then the largest system of aircraft maintenance schools in the United States.
1999 – Alta Colleges, Inc purchased the Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) program in Inglewood and Houston. The name was then changed to Westwood College of Aviation Technology. The number of students increased tremendously, reflecting the college's diverse programs.
2006 – Westwood College of Aviation Technology became Redstone College.
2008 – Crimson Aero Corporation acquired the Inglewood campus under the name Crimson Technical College with the goal of offering quality education in aviation maintenance to students around the world.
2014 – Spartan SP Investor LLC (the same parent company as Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology) acquired Crimson Technical College.